THE LAKES CODE
Live, Love and Learn
Aim high and achieve
Kind, caring and compassionate
Enjoy educational experiences
Strive for success
WE VALUE PEOPLE
- Hampton Lakes will be a welcoming place, at the heart of its community, valuing all people and their talents, beliefs and cultures equally;
- Children will feel safe and respected as individuals at school; they will feel happy to come to Hampton Lakes to learn;
- All staff will feel valued, informed and involved in decision making;
- Parents and carers will feel well informed, and involved in their child’s education.
- We recognise families as sources of love and care for their members, and as the basis of a society in which people care for others.
WE VALUE LEARNING
- Hampton Lakes will provide high quality teaching and learning, involving challenging and enjoyable activities; this will enable our children to think, and to produce high quality work;
- Our curriculum will cater for a wide range of ability and talent, and will provide children with a broad, general education of the highest quality. We will provide an outstanding choice of extra curricular activities.
WE VALUE POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR
- Hampton Lakes will have a positive ethos, which emphasises respect, responsibility and participation;
- Students will be encouraged to grow spiritually, morally, socially and culturally;
- We will place a high emphasis on maintaining positive relationships with children based on honesty and fairness;
- We will expect all members of the School to act with courtesy, respect and good manners;
- We will emphasise the pleasure in learning, and we will do our best to make sure that fun is part of the experience for all at Hampton Lakes.
WE VALUE HEALTH
- Hampton Lakes will promote the importance of healthy living, and we will emphasise its impact on learning;
- In all areas of operation, the School will stress the importance of healthy eating; students will be encouraged to drink water in most classes;
- The whole School site is a no-smoking area at all times;
- We believe that the health and safety of students, staff and visitors are of paramount importance, and they will always be our first considerations;
- We will work with children, parents and relevant external agencies to promote safe travel to and from school;
- In the interest of safety, children will receive clear messages about items that should not be brought onto school premises, or on school visits.
WE VALUE LEADERSHIP
- Hampton Lakes will be well governed, managed and led, having excellent relationships with other schools and agencies. Resources will be used effectively to support learning;
- Children will be offered opportunities to show responsibility, and to develop leadership skills.
WE VALUE OUR COMMUNITY
- Hampton Lakes will emphasise the opportunities and responsibilities that life in a large community can bring;
- We will make our facilities available to members of our community for learning and for leisure;
- Hampton Lakes will enhance community life;
- Children will be made aware of the positive roles they can play in our global community;
- Children will learn to respect religious and cultural diversity.
WE VALUE OUR ENVIRONMENT
- We will provide an outstanding learning environment: stimulating, colourful and well cared for;
- Children will learn to respect their environment at a local, national and international level.
WE VALUE THE FUTURE
- We will develop the next generation of citizens and leaders, willing and able to play active roles in their communities;
- We will lead out into the world young people who feel positive about themselves and demonstrate a passion for life, who respect the rights of other people and who are ready to make their mark.