Key Stage 1 and 2
We are excited by the design of our thematic curriculum, which has been carefully planned with our children’s development, abilities and interests at its core. The skills and knowledge which children need to develop are carefully mapped, based upon the framework of the National Curriculum, to ensure that each child is happy and confident to rise to the challenge of their learning. Children will move up into Year 1 which will be closely aligned to the practice of their Reception Year.
The key aims of our curriculum are for pupils to:
Pupils will have the opportunity to do this through:
- accessing high-quality English and mathematics lessons and reading a rich selection of books;
- talking and celebrating the use of spoken language
- using modern and high quality technology
- RHSE, RE, values-based education, and play;
- Understanding the World, learning and interacting with members of their community;
- sports tournaments and other competitions across the curriculum;
- Expressive Arts and Design, with opportunities to perform;
- learning languages,
- access to an enriched curriculum that includes; cooking, gardening, yoga and mindfulness
For more specific information on your child's class learning, please go to their class page.