Admissions to Hampton Lakes Primary School, in all year groups, are processed and allocated through the Admissions Team at Peterborough City Council. For further information please see the PCC Admissions website.
Admissions to Hampton Lakes Primary School, in all year groups (Reception to Year 6), are processed and allocated through the Admissions Team at Peterborough City Council. For further information please see the PCC Admissions website.
Here you will be able to:-
- Access the Admissions Booklet 2021
- Find advice on which schools require a SIF and availability to download them
- Access the Parent Portal page where you will be able to log in or create an account if you have not used the system before to apply for a child’s school place
- Find information on each schools Open Evening.
Take a look at our prospectus
Reception Admissions - September 2021
Choosing a school for your child is an important decision. At Hampton Lakes Primary School we firmly believe that a child's first year at school is a crucial time for them where the foundations of learning and life skills can be laid and secured. Our Early Years team firmly believe in a play based curriculum which offers exciting experiences for children and helps to foster a life-long love for learning.
We will be holding several Open Events during October and November 2020 for prospective parents who have a child due to start Reception in September 2021. If you would like to meet the EYFS team ahead of these dates, please contact our school office on 01733 246826 and we will be more than happy to organise an alternative date for you.
All applications for school places in Peterborough now need to be made online via the website below. For reception 2021 places, the closing date for applications will be confirmed in due course.
For further information on Primary School Admissions please see the PCC Admissions website.
Please click here for the Admissions Policy for 2021/22. Please note the following:
- The Published Admission Number for 2021 entry is 60 for Reception
- Our school admissions policy is determined annually and complies with the School Admissions Code
- We are part of Peterborough City Council’s co-ordinated admissions processes. To apply for a place in Reception, parents must apply online through the Peterborough City Council portal
- When the school is full in a year group, a waiting list is kept and a place will be allocated to the child at the top of the waiting list, should a place become available. The waiting list is ranked according to the over-subscription criteria detailed in our policy.
- Admission appeals are co-ordinated by Peterborough City Council
- Hampton Lakes is fully signed up to local Fair Access Protocols in Peterborough
- Our approach to requests for admission outside of the normal age range or for deferred admission for Reception children is explained in the full policy
- The child’s current permanent address must be used when applying for a place. The home address is that of the parent with whom the child normally lives from Monday to Friday.
In Year Applications
If you are looking to apply for a place for your child at Hampton Lakes Primary during the academic year, please contact the school office for further information including arranging a tour of the school should you wish to come and visit us. All applications should be made through Peterborough City Council and further information can be found on the PCC Admissions website.
Reception - New Intake
Appeals for a place in Reception class for September 2021 can be made by contacting the Appeals Clerk at Peterborough City Council on 01733 747474 or by visiting Appeals website.
The closing date for appeals for September 2021 will be confirmed in due course. Appeals received by this date will be heard by TBC.
Appeals received after the deadline will be heard within 40 school days of receipt. Please note that this might mean your appeal could be heard in September 2021.
In Year Appeals
All in-year appeals should also be made bt contacting the Appeals Clerk at Peterborough City Concil on 01733 747474 or by visiting the Appeals website.
All in year appeals will be heard within 30 school days of receipt.